December 23, 2009
InfraGard - Untrained FBI Spies in the workplace SPYING on YOU
---GOALS AND OBJECTIVES---
The goal of InfraGard is to promote ongoing dialogue and timely communication between members and the FBI. InfraGard members gain access to information that enables them to protect their assets and in turn give information to government that facilitates its responsibilities to prevent and address terrorism and other crimes.
The relationship supports information sharing at national and local levels and its objectives are as follows:
* Increase the level of information and reporting between InfraGard members and the FBI on matters related to counterterrorism, cyber crime and other major crime programs.
* Increase interaction and information sharing among InfraGard members and the FBI regarding threats to the critical infrastructures, vulnerabilities, and interdependencies.
* Provide members value-added threat advisories, alerts, and warnings.
* Promote effective liaison with local, state and federal agencies, to include the Department of Homeland Security.
* Provide members a forum for education and training on counterterrorism, counterintelligence cyber crime and other matters relevant to informed reporting of potential crimes and attacks on the nation and U.S. interests.
---LOCAL CHAPTER ACTIVITIES---
Each FBI Field Office has a Special Agent Coordinator who gathers interested individuals to form a chapter. Any individual can join InfraGard. Local executive boards govern and share information within the membership. Chapters hold regular meetings to discuss issues, threats and other matters that impact their companies. Speakers from public and private agencies and the law enforcement communities are invited. The following illustrates additional activities that local chapters may offer:
* Training and education initiatives
* A local newsletter
* A Contingency Plan for using alternative systems in the event of a successful large scale attack on the information infrastructure
---INFRAGARD NATIONAL MEMBERS ALLIANCE---
InfraGard members are represented nationally by an elected board of seven representatives called the InfraGard Board of Directors. Elections are held annually at the InfraGard National Congress for voluntary two-year terms. The Board is responsible for representing the membership in the partnership with the FBI. They conduct weekly conference calls to address a variety of issues that face the organization. Board members travel to various chapter activities and attend conferences promoting InfraGard and other issues pertinent to the program.
The Board established several committees to address issues such as membership, incorporation, and partnerships with other private sector association / organizations.
Special Interest Groups (SIGs) have also been established to meet the challenges America faces in protecting against criminal, terrorist, and intelligence threats. One such SIG involves InfraGard, the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), the Small Business Administration, and the FBI.
---INFRAGARD SECURE WEBSITE----
The InfraGard secure website provides members with information about recent intrusions, research related to critical infrastructure protection, and the capability to communicate securely with other members.
Best of all, its FREE to join!! Boasts the InfraGard website!! What? you want ME to work for the FBI for FREE??
at 10:50 PM